In the past, stock photos have had a bad rap. They’re boring, poorly shot, and fail to tell a compelling story. However, that’s not true. Lifestyle stock photos are a great way to add variety to your blog and social media. Read through as I explain how to find high-quality images, why paying for a subscription is a good investment, and how to use them effectively.
What are stock photos?
If you are not aware, Stock photos are generic photos and illustrations, often sold to creatives, businesses, and individuals for use within projects in exchange for a fee.
How to choose the right stock photos
Choosing the right stock photos goes beyond the prettiness of the image! These tips come in handy when selecting the perfect stock photos.
- Pick an image that best reflects the content you want to share and communicates relevant emotions.
- Choose high-quality stock photos.
- Use photos of naturally posed people.
- Choose photos that reinforce your brand. If your brand is feminine, go for feminine lifestyle stock photos.
- Customize the image to your liking. For instance, you can blur images or add overlays in tools like Canva.
How to best use stock photos on your blog and Instagram?
In recent years, stock photos have become an incredible investment to businesses and brands everywhere. Producing visually attractive content can contribute to your growth in the online space.
If you are going to use stock photos, remember to stay authentic. Using unnatural and staged photos will hurt your brand. Here are a few tips to best use stock photos on Instagram.
- Use stock photos as background for your quotes
- Create carousels that tell a story
- Use them for feed posts, but remember to mix up the stock images with your own every now and then!
- Transform your stock photos by adding overlays
For your blog:
- Use stock photos to create Pinterest graphics for your blog posts
- Use for creating in-post images for your blog post
Where to get high-quality stock photos
One way to access high-quality stock photos is through a stock photo Membership, perfect for businesses that use stock photos more frequently. If you are just getting started you can opt for a mini membership to better understand what works for your business before making a commitment.
If a membership plan is not an option for your business you could opt for a curated collection of images also referred to as bundles. These contain pre-curated images that function well together- all you have to do is pick a perfect theme for your brand.
One exciting feature about our membership is that it gives you access to more than just stock photos. It includes curated templates and graphics as well as a content strategy and planning guide. This is one of the reasons why joining our membership is a good investment.
Now that you know why and how to use stock photos, here are 20 free lifestyle stock images you can use for your website, blog, or social media.